The Boston Skal Club is now offering two scholarships:
The Bruce Leaver Hospitality Industry Scholarship:
- The Bruce Leaver Hospitality Industry Scholarship will benefit applicants that are enrolled in the Hospitality, Travel Management Program within the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst. Skal will work closely with the Dean of the Isenberg School of Management, fellow Skalleagues and others to identify the most deserving candidate who possess and can articulate their passion for the industry and their light-hearted humor of “Joie de Vivre”.
- To apply for this scholarship contact the Isenberg School of Management at Umass Amherst.
The Boston Skal Club/Keith Staples Scholarship:
- The purpose of the Boston Skal Club/Keith Staples Scholarship is to encourage professional development within the travel and tourism industry by awarding academic scholarships to college students who are permanent residents of New England and/or attending school in New England and are enrolled in travel and tourism industry majors at a two or four-year higher education accredited institution.
APPLICANTS FOR THE BOSTON SKAL CLUB/KEITH STAPLES SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Complete application submission by deadline, no exceptions
- Full-time, matriculated college student with declared major affiliated with the travel and tourism industry
- Cumulative credits reflecting Sophomore or Junior class status
- Resident of New England and/or attending school in New England
- Applicant seeks a career in the travel and tourism industry
- Student with travel and tourism industry related experience (preferred)
- Letter of Recommendation(s). ANY APPLICANT RECOMMENDED BY A SKAL INTERNATIONAL BOSTON MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING WILL BE GIVEN FIRST CONSIDERATION. PREFERRED CONSIDERATION WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO RECOMMENDATIONS FROM ANY OTHER SKAL INTERNATIONAL MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING.
- Official College Transcript – no copies, no unofficial or any other facsimile will be accepted
- Personal Essay
- Financial need
For a copy of the 2020 application please click the link below.
Deadline is March 13, 2020 and the scholarship is $2,500.
to learn more about joining Skal Boston, click here