Skal International held their World Congress in Torremolinos, Spain October 28 – November 1. Holly Powers, Skal Boston SIUSA Representative represented Skal Boston. This event ended our Club of the Year status and Holly help present the award to Hobart, New Zealand, this years recipient. Orange Coast, Australia came in second and Ft Lauderdale/Palm Beaches and Tuscon were tied for third place. Congratulation to all the finalists. Skal Boston was given a commemorative plaque of our having won this prestigious award last year.
Delegates from all over the United States and the World participated. The newly elected international officers were elected and the are:
- Nigel Pilkington, President from New Zealand
- David Fisher, Vice President from Kenya
- Susanna Saari, Vice President from Turkey
- Rafael Millan Perex, Director from Mexico
- Lavonne Wittman, Director from South Africa
- Jason Samuel, Director from South Africa
- Frank Klare, Sr. Auditor from Philadelphia, PA, USA
Skal Boston is revered by the clubs of the world as a model Skal organization.